This former seigneurial estate was once called St-Martin-d'Augé. It included a priory close to the forest of Chizé. Where does this name come from? In the fourth century, Martin, then abbot of Ligugé, going from Availles-s.-Chizé to Mauzé-s.-le-Mignon, stopped there to evangelize the population. In 1804, the prefect Dupin wrote that "the wines, which constitute the most important income of the commune, are good, especially the whites. It is made an excellent brandy that is very close to that of Cognac". In 1928, the village takes the name of Boisserolles, located 1 km from Augé, mentioned in the 13th century. and where the town hall is located. In 2018, it merged with Prissé-la-Charrière, Belleville and St-Etienne-la-Cigogne to form the new commune of Plaine d'Argenson.
What to see: former priory of St-Martin, fountain of Augé, monumental cross in homage to the combatants...