The village, watered by the Mignon, is quoted for the first time in 1183. First in the hands of Aliénor d'Aquitaine, the seigneury became in 1346 the domain of the Comte d'Eu and Guines, connetable of France. Decapitated in 1350, her property was confiscated for the benefit of the Crown and later attributed to Marguerite de Valois, daughter of Charles VI. Then Charles VII gave it to Christin of Chambers, captain of his Scottish guard. In the middle of the 18th century, the parish was partly covered with communal wood. Sheep and a few oxen were raised there, and the vines were cultivated there until the phylloxera invasion in 1880. After the disappearance of Prissé-le-Grand, Belleville inherited the hamlet of Ayguis in 1888. In 2018, it merged with Prissé-la-Charrière, St-Etienne-la-Cigogne and Boisserolles to form the new commune of Plaine d'Argenson and become a delegated commune.