Beauvoir, Belveer in 1228, offers a beautiful view. Grading work showed that the level of its pavement was the same as that of the extreme point of the bell tower of Notre-Dame de Niort. In the eighteenth century, the intendant Chebrou wrote: "It is a big village that consists of a square; in the middle of the square is a hall; there is a very considerable market". The prefect Dupin added in 1802: "There is a relay for the post office to horses, 6 big famous fairs for oxen, 5 windmills". In 2003, La Revêtizon merged with the municipality, joined by Le Cormenier in 2009. Today, Beauvoir is a very active centre of attraction in the south of Deux-Sèvres.
To see: Zoodysée de Chizé, Rimbault mill, St-Eutrope church, St-Jacques church, La Revêtison castle, Raimbault walk, former cooperative dairy of Deux-Sèvres, ex-factory of slippers and shoes.