Ancienne église Saint-Maurice-de-Mairé (Aiffres)
In the 11th century, the church, lands and vineyards were given to the monks of Saint-Cyprien de Poitiers by Guillaume and his wife Arsinde to earn a more secure place in Paradise. Renovated in the 15th century, the sanctuary was sold to the merchant of Niort Pierre Dubois at the end of the 18th century. In 1927 it was listed as a Historic Monument. It is a barn today.
The church has a single nave with two bays having lost its apse. The vaults have largely fallen, but the structure seems very old and the columns' capitals remain almost intact. The buttresses of the south façade have been removed. The west façade opens through a door with columns with capitals and carved archivolts. This façade ends with a gable which contained a pierced belfry.